Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday night:  I'm walking towards the laundry room to collect my clothes. The corridors are deserted, everyone's probably at the carnival downstairs, watching the band play. Someone from the band starts to sing High and Dry by Radiohead, and as I listen to it, something within me seems to give way. As I sing along to myself, I happen to look down at the the road below and see a lone figure waltzing slowly to himself in sync with the music under the moonlight. Little things like this make me laugh. And even though there are so many deadlines to meet, though time seems to be running out so quickly, though the world is just so crazy right now, I stop and smile to myself, feeling unspeakably at peace, with the sensation that everything is right with the world.

No comments: