Saturday, December 31, 2011

A short paragraph to sum up my year:

Total liberation. Read and bought many books. Listened to great music. Wrote. Watched films. Traveled from Jan to April. Picked up photography (and now I simply cannot imagine life without a camera.) Went to gigs, a Broadway musical, art festivals. Explored SG. Start of university life at my dream school. Lost some old friends. Gained new ones. Struggled to find my place. Slept at unhealthy hours in hall. Learnt French. ( J'aime beaucoup le francais! ) Learnt to play the guitar. Felt alive again. Told a friend something I should have said a long time ago. Moved on (still trying to). Began to understand that loneliness and being alone are two entirely separate things. Grew comfortable with a solitary existence.

2011 has given me so much happiness.

As always, my hope for the new year is summed up by this quote by Neil Gaiman, “ May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art- write, or draw, or build or live only as you can. And I hope, somewhere, in the next year, you surprise yourself. ”


“ I feel old. But not very wise.”- Jenny, An Education.

No comments: